These creepy little blood suckers have managed to get more and more popular over the last decade. If you are having trouble with these guys you have probably done some traveling or had someone move in or stay for a short time and dropped them off to you. Adult Bedbugs are little reddish to brown, flattened, oval shaped bugs (I call them “red tear drops”) up to a quarter inch long. A very good identifier is the Nymphs or baby are light in color kind of transparent. Bedbugs are very hard to control simply because one feeding female can lay as many as five new eggs a day. The average female bedbug can live as long as nine months under favorable conditions. The result? Unless you know what your doing you will not get control of your bedbug problem. You need to understand you cant do this alone, bedbugs are truly a challenge, even for us. If one female is missed your going to be back to square one in a few months, i have seen this time and time again.
What can you do to prevent these parasites?
- Check the seams and tufts of mattresses in hotel rooms as soon as you gain access. You can get your money back and go somewhere else. It’s happened to me many times.
- If you stay overnight at someones home, again do an inspection. You cant afford an infestation if they have one.
- Reduce the amount of uninspected personal items into your home, overnight houseguest are subject to inspection.
- Reduce clutter and hiding places in your home.
- Clean around your bed regularly and inspect the areas as you do.
We do a chemical treatment, heat treatment equipment is very expensive and has yet to prove to me, anymore effective than chemical treatments. The treatment is not cheap, but we have many many success stories. We are very thorough with our treatments and longterm effectiveness. Our treatments also come with a 30 day follow-up inspection/treatment. We are using the best chemical technology available today. I can assure you, we won’t let you down.